Monday, December 3, 2012

Turkey Run

I have a goal this month. I really want to tone up so I’ve decided that I’m going to aim to workout at least 30 minutes everyday this month. It can be anything from light walking to something more intense.

My exercise Saturday was 30 minutes of jogging with 5 pound weights in each hand.. and I may have danced a little toward the end. Gotta have fun while exercising!

My grandparents like to go on outings every Sunday after my grandmother comes home from church. They’ve asked me to come along a few different occasions but I’ve always either been too tired, or just busy. Yesterday, I wasn’t tired and I had no plans so I decided I’d finally go along with him. Hiking was the activity. Perfect.

I got to choice which state park to go hiking at and I found a place on the map that I’ve never gone before. Turkey Run.
We left at 1:15 in the afternoon, not knowing at the time that it’s 3 1/2 hours away in Parke County.

Op.

We finally made it though by 4:30. Before entering the park a lady was there and told us that the trails close at 5-5:30 since it starts getting dark around that time. So we only had an hour to really get to look around and hike a couple different trails and enjoy the scenery.












(Did you read that sign? The temperature dropped dramatically once we started walking through that path.)





After walking around with an empty stomach.. I was starting to get the hunger pains and antsy attitude so I was more than ready to finally get something other than coffee/water in my stomach. Luckily for me, Turkey Run has a Inn that has a restaurant in it. So my grandparents and I enjoyed a nice dinner at the Turkey Run Inn.

(Luckily, I told that picture prior to going hiking. It was pitch black when we finally made it there to eat.)

My grandparents and I both ordered the salad/soup bar. My grandmother and I also ordered a sandwich. (I was starving.. first meal of the day people.) She ordered the Philly Cheese Steak and I ordered the Garden Burger.

(I loaded up that salad. Baby Spinach, Grated Carrots, Cucumber, Jalapenos, Green and Black Olives, Broccoli, Red Onion, Radishes, Green Bell Pepper, Cauliflower and Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing.)

(The waiter said that the burger is made of rice and grated up vegetables. Yum! After filling up on all that salad, I just ate the patty along with the vegetables. My stomach was about at its limit and truth be told..I’m not a fan of non-sprouted bread.)

I had fun on this family outing. I wish we would have had more time to hike around the trails but I enjoyed what I could in that period of time. I'd love to go back sometime! It's a beautiful place to just get away for awhile and take a break from everyday tasks that can sometimes be unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment