Thursday, December 20, 2012

Concious Box: The Vegan Zombie

Ever heard of The Vegan Zombie? If your a non-vegan and not a fellow YouTuber, my guess is.. probably not. The Vegan Zombie hosts a YouTube channel "that introduces vegan cuisine alongside zombie survival tips." Yes, zombies.

As most of you, may know, the end of the world is upon us. December 21st marks the day that the Mayan’s foresee will be the day the world ends. Am I a believer? Absolutely not. Do I think something hazardous may happen on that date? Possibly, but I'm not holding my breath.

I’ve always been one to joke around about how the zombie apocalypse is coming and that the world will be overrun by the living dead. So what better why to prepare myself for this zombie overrun that’s going to turn this country into a living hell? Buy a Conscious Box that The Zombie Vegan, himself, has helped put together. (Okay, maybe I was just waiting for the perfect excuse to finally get my monthly subscription for these boxes.)


To those who are not familiar with Conscious Box, it is a monthly subscription box that’s sent to your door.  It costs $12/month plus you need to pay for shipping which costs $7.95 so it’s $19.95 a month.  You can also purchase 3-month subscriptions (total $56.85) or a 6-month subscription (total $111.60) It’s well worth the price considering what all you get in the box. They also offer coupons and discounts for the majority of the items in the box, if you find yourself really loving a product and want more of it.

There are two kinds of boxes – The Classic box and a Vegan Box available. (You should already know which one I chose.) In the box you will find Eco-friendly products. Many of them are sample sized, and since it’s a lifestyle box they include products that span a range of uses. From snacks to soap. Anything is possible. Each month is a new surprise filled with different products.

Every month, there is a different picture in the window of the box.  I think they're so cute, and the picture is easily removable, so you can use it for other things. Just flip the lid open, and you have yourself a beautiful picture that you can frame or use to your own devices. On the back of the picture, it talks about the month that you received your package in. Since I got this one in December, they had a little blurb about the month.

The vegan boxes are extremely special. Each month there is a new “famous” vegan who helps pick what goes in that month’s box. As you know, The Vegan Zombie, helped with this month’s box. I got a card with him and his camera man on the front and a little information about what he does. (Which I already explained at the beginning of this post.)

Here's all I received in my first vegan box.



Baby Ecos* Stain & Odor Remover/Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent: I'm not going to lie. When I saw the word "Baby" I got a little nervous. Truthfully my first thought was, "What the heck? What am I going to do with these? I don't have a baby!" Then I took a closer look and found out that these products aren't just for babies. Phew! Both products are formaldehyde free, petrochemical free, and pH balanced. Neat! My original thought was to save these for when I move back to California but I now have someone special in mind that I'm going to send these too. She has 3 little girls of her own, who let's be honest, are prone to messes. (All little kids are, heck, even I am sometimes.) So I figure she could put these to good use.

Sweet-ish Fish Soup: When I first saw this I was little confused, because I'm sure "Swedish" Fish aren't vegan. Then I noticed the "Soap. Don't eat." warning. Yes, this is "Swedish" Fish homemade soup that Dirty Ass Soups makes. It looks just like the actual candy fish and smells just like them as well! I'm still in a debate with myself if I want to use these or not. I probably will eventually but for now I'm still so fixated about them and astonished by how realistic they are.

Achiva Native Energy* Chia Seed & Dehydrated Coconut Water Drink Mix: I got the Raspberry Green tea flavor. It's basically a water enhancement that you combine with water and drink 30 minutes prior to working out. Since I've been working every day this month, I was excited that I received some working out "fuel".

Just Pure Foods* Sour Cream & Onion Zucchini Chips: These chips are gluten free, raw, organic, nut-free, yeast-free, and of course, vegan. They are very thin compared to other types of chips and I felt guilt-free after eating this sample. I would definitely consider buying from this company. A little about the founder of this company:

"Founder Justin Feldman started Just Pure Foods with a vision to share his passion
for healthy, organic food with the world. Justin found the best way to improve
people’s lives is through their stomach and his food does just this. His snacks are
uniquely all vegetable-based and offer a new flare to the health foods marketplace.
Justin believes that food, as well as all matter, is simply energy, and emphasizes that the
key to vital living is through minimally processed, organic, high vibration foods. His
foods have graced the palettes of noteworthy celebrities and numerous Los Angeles
locals." I'm not surprised. These "chips" were delicious.

Raw Revolution* Chocolate Coconut Bliss Organic Live Food Bar: I ate this the day I got my box. Luckily, they included a Buy One Get One Free coupon in the box, so I can get more when I go grocery shopping!

Lush Nuts* Dark Cocoa Chili: When I saw the flavor I was a little intimidated. Then I popped a couple in my mouth and was blown away. The peanuts are roasted perfectly and the dark cocoa and chilli flavor tastes amazing together. It's not in the slightest overwhelming, taste wise. I may just have to "gift" myself some of these nuts.

L'Ecuyer's Gourmet: Dill Dip Mix: This homemade dill mix came with a little recipe inside. Thank goodness, because I've never had dill dip in my life. 

Parma! Vegan Parmesan Original Flavor: I was hoping that this would come in the box! I've heard so many good things about this brand of vegan Parmesan. People have even called it "the best". I'm excited to try it out! Sucks they don't sell this brand anywhere around here. So I'm going to have savor it for as long as I possibly can.

Postcard: Adorable! It's right in the middle of the second picture along with all my coupons, discounts, deals, and product information.

The three items that really intrigued and interested me where these:


Shaman Shack Herbs* 3 Immortals Reishi, Shilajit and Ormus Pure Herbal Extracts: I had no idea what to do with this or really what it was for that matter. So I looked up the "Shamen Shack Herbs" website and found this out.  "3 Immortals is a super concentrated full-spectrum mineral superfood, combining 3 truly empowering super-substances; Reishi uplifts the spirit and builds protective power, a true Crown Chakra herb. Shilajit is a full spectrum nutritional substance from the Himalayan mountains- It is thought to be comprised of broken-down carbons from ancient rain forests, sandwiched between rock strata as the Himalayan mountains were formed 50-100 million years ago, and now in spring, a black substance oozes out between rock strata in the high Himalaya, where it is harvested and dried into a powder. There is a whole pristine eco-system in Shilajit! and it is said to be excellent as a garden soil additive for minerals and plant nutrition. Ormus is an alchemical mixture of semi precious stone silicates washed down from the mountains over eons, ground into fine clay-like sediments on ocean beds and eventually found in thin veins deep in the earth. At its base, ormus is thought to contain elemental alchemical substances that form precursers of both gold and crystal, quite fascinating! It is said that ormus can structure the water in the body, activating extra absorption of the powerful nutrients and minerals in the Reishi and Shilajit. This is an awesome superfood, great in smoothies, or as a hot coffee-like drink." Wow! Superfood, indeed.

Eye Walker Elements* Sacred Loom: Another product I had no idea what to do with. It's made from: Organic botanicals of clary, sage, bergamot, grapefruit and frankincense. Crystal essences of tiger's eye and goldstone. Hm, after reading that I figured it was some kind of oil. I found and read a card that was included that explained it a little bit better. "EyeWalker Elements is passionate about the profound healing powers of crystals and aromatic botanical medicine. Guided by the clear intention that we are one with mother earth. EyeWalker Elements uses their aromatic botanical alchemy to create aromas that attract, shift, and ascend your being." Interesting.

Simply Hemp Milk: This came with instructions so that's a plus! According to the package it's perfect for: smoothies, cereal, pre/post workouts, and a dairy substitute, by itself, over ice. In other words.. a great post-workout drink I can use! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment