Sunday, December 30, 2012

Elf4Health: Dec 24-29th.


 Monday, December 24th.
“Call a friend just to chat!”
I called my mom since I haven’t spoken to her in a few days and to wish her a happy Christmas Eve. I only got to talk to her for about 20 minutes because she was hanging out with "a potential girlfriend" but the day after Christmas, she texted me and told me that, that relationship was all for nothing. It just didn't work out. Unfortunately, my screenshot app wasn’t working so I couldn’t snap a proof picture of the call.

Tuesday, December 25th.
“Go for a walk with a family member!”

My grandmother and I went on a nice walk through Charlie Creek Trails in 37 degree weather for about an hour. She went prepared. Three layers, gloves, a hat. I just had a tank top on underneath my hoodie. No gloves, no hat(unless you want to count my hood as a hat) so needless to say I went unprepared but I still went 3/4 the way through the trail and back so I'm pretty proud.

Wednesday, December 26th.
“Look at yourself in the mirror. Find three things you truly love about yourself!”

My eyes: I’ve always liked my eyes. They change color from blue/green/yellow to a dark green/yellow. To me, they are my best feature.
My nose: I have a very unique nose. I have an indention in the center of my nose that nobody else in my family has and quite frankly I haven't met anybody else with a nose similar to mine. My nose is just one of kind, I guess. Which makes me like it more.
My shortness: Though, it can be annoying having to use a step stool to open up cabinets, put things in the microwave, etc. I like the fact that I’m 5’0”.

Thursday, December 27th.
“Make a list of 20 things you’re thankful for!”

In case you can't get a good look at the picture and what I wrote, I'm thankful for:  My wonderful grandparents-they have always given me open arms and a place to come to if something happened and I had no where else to go. My mother-though we have had our ups and downs. She is my mother and I can't help but be thankful for her since she is my only parent. Thomas's love- through everything.. the ups, the downs, me moving, he has never stopped loving me, and has never given up on our relationship. Lilly(my fur-daughter) she always rushes over to me whenever I come home with her tail wagging, and her big, cute, dog smile of hers. Lilly gives so much love. I've had her since I was 10 years old and even though I know she won't be around forever, I'll always cherish the time we've spent together. There's nothing like the unconditional love of a dog. Choosing to live(life over eating disorder)-even though I still struggle, I know I have came so far from where I was. I was literally knocking on death's door but I learned to just accept life and now I'm re-learning to love life and all it has to offer. I no longer live in that fear and mindset. My health-I don't have any diseases. My last check up I had a month ago said everything was a-ok with me and I'm so grateful for that considering the hell I have put my body through. Ability to excerise- some people can't physically exercise due to health reasons. I'm thankful I'm lucky enough to have this simple yet powerful ability. Vegan alternatives- I don't know what I would do without them! I wouldn't be able to bake without my egg replacer, wouldn't be able to enjoy my favorite foods like.. Macaroni & Cheeze without cheese alternatives. I'd feel completely deprived without them. I'm thankfully people are out there making such alternatives available to me. I'm excited to see what they come up with in the future. Music, creativity-I'm an art lover of many sorts and music has helped me through a lot in the past, present and I'm going to guess and say that in the future it will help me too. Not living in proverty, having a roof over my head- I'm happy to say that I'm not struggling with money. My family in general isn't struggling, and I'm thankful for that. I never have to wonder if I'll be able to eat that day, or worry about having the house reprocessed. Having the opportunity to graduate early, love, forgiveness, my dreams that I live for, my motivation, internet access, cell phone- so I can keep in contact with my friends/family. Coffee, tea, avocado, blueberries- just to name a few favorites.

Friday, December 28th.
“Make a healthy mug cake in the microwave.”

I made a chocolate mug cake, but since I was feeling a little rebellious I made a side of vegan cream cheese frosting to put on top! Nommers! The frosting wasn't really that calorific. It was made with just 2TB vegan cream cheese, a little bit of powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract.

(It may look like a mess, but the texture and taste was perfect-o.)

Saturday, December 29th.
“Take some time for yourself! Read a book for fun, do a craft, take a bubble bath!”

After a busy day, I took a nice, hot, relaxing bath. Used my new Spunggle that I got from my grandmother for Christmas, and gave myself a hand/foot srub! Perfect way to end my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment