Well, not forever, but since last October, which is pretty damn close.. considering I love this program.
I got paired up with Charli, who doesn't blog, but she does give great foodie packages!
Let me prove it to you.
First looks: Trader Joe's "packing" paper. Truthfully, I have kept this "packing paper" because I love Trader Joe's and I love reading about their new products that they come up with. I'm feeling a drive to Indy, once the roads get better, to go get my Trader Joe's fix. This actually made me think that there may be some TJ goodies hidden below.
Sadly, there was no Trader Joe's items to be found. Though, there was this funny card that made it almost okay. Almost.
It's no secret that I love nut butter.. especially Justin's! I've put these two packets in my nut butter stash, until I decide on what I want to smoother some nut butter on.
The Seed & Fruit Mix was 3/4 gone when I first opened up my package. I couldn't stop eating it! The Mountain Mambo combination is perfect: sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, raisins, apples, chocolate chips, and cranberries. Nom! Thankfully I had to go to class, or that whole bag would have been gone that day/night. No shame. By some miracle I made it last an additional two days before I had to throw away the empty package. I definitely will have to buy some more soon!
Local Minnesota Wild Rice. Which will be accommodating future meals. It's also no secret that I enjoy receiving/giving local items to my pen-pals. I gave Charli some local chocolates from The Charli Creek Inn Candy Shoppe and I got this bag of local rice.
Next up: Perfect Work Snacks!
Who doesn't love feeing like a kid again? I sure do. Matter of fact, Ryan and I both got a lunchable the other day just to bring back some childhood memories. It was awesome. I'm unsure if Go Go Squeez was available back when I was a kid, but at least I can still get me a taste as an adult. Plus, it's a nice switch up from just eating applesauce in a bowl with a spoon to just squeezing it in your mouth!
Fruit Leather and That's it* Bar. I've had fruit leather(yum!) but I've never tried a That's it bar. I'm a nutrition bar lover, so I love that Charli found me one that I haven't tried yet. It's made with only one apple and three apricots. That's it! (Hence the name.)
Another item I haven't gotten to try yet, even though I've been vegan for over a year is Primal* Vegan Jerky! This is Mesquite Lime flavored-which sounds interesting.
Those items are definitely coming to work with me.
She also included this delicious recipe:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.
I haven't gotten to make them yet, but just from reading the recipe card I can tell that these are going to be amazing. I was going to get the ingridents for these today(since I got paid) but since I had to miss a couple days of work, due to not feeling good, I didn't make enough to be able to get the ingredients this week. So I'm having to postpone making these muffins until a later date. They sound damn good though. I can't wait to make em'!
Thank you so much, Charli, for giving me a local fix, some snacks for work, and a delicious-sounding recipe! Your recipe card is my recipe box to be used for years of muffin makin' to come.
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself? Here’s the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.