This month’s package came from blog reader Christiana. She’s actually a fellow Hoosier, such as myself, and she put together a killer package.
She’s from Bloomington, Indiana and got all my goodies from a local co-op called Bloomingfoods. (She even got herself a little vegan treat while shopping for me. She got some vegan carrot cake that the co-op has and she informed me that it was “freaking delicious." It was her first deliberately vegan food she has ever tried and she thought it was great! Yay! That seriously puts a big smile on my face. I’m so happy to hear she enjoyed her first vegan experience!)
Now. Check out this awesomeness!
First up: Bloomingfoods* Coco-Nuts-0 Granola! Christiana warned me that this stuff is addicting, and she wasn’t lying. This granola is seriously da bom! It’s made with all things wonderful: Organic oats, coconut, cashews, almonds, safflower oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt. Love in a bag.
You can’t go wrong with Justin’s Nut Butter in my opinion.
Alternative Baking Co* Double Chocolate Decadence Cookie that I brought on the journey across the states in case I needed a special treat. Winky face.
Greek Seasoning, Applewood Smoked Sea Salt, and Vegetable Seasoning. I’m so excited to give these new spices a try when I get back from my trip across the west-side of the United States! (Should be back this Sunday or Monday!)
I saved the best for last! This Eat Me Fruit and Nut Bar. I love Alice and Wonderland! Heck, it’s one of my dreams to get a full tattoo sleeve going on my left arm that is Alice and Wonderland themed. Isn’t the packaging amazing? I absolutely adore it. I haven't eaten it yet because I'm still in awe about the packaging but I will get it too eventually. It sounds delicious!
Christiana.. all I can say is THANK YOU for such an amazing package this month.
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself? Here’s the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.