This month of Foodie Pen pals was quite interesting. I was paired up to send to and receive from two ladies who are both from Indianapolis! It's definitely a small world as I live just 2 hours away from Indy!
Fellow Hoosier, and blog reader Emily sent me a nice package of goods.
First off we have Sea Salted Popcorn. I had just bought some salted popcorn from the store just the other day before I received my package. (I could have kicked myself) Though, I took that over to Ryan’s and have yet to see it again. So I’m happy I got this generous bag of delicious popcorn all to myself. I haven't yet tired since I haven't been home very much at all in the last couple weeks. As I'm moving out of my grandparent's place into a new one. So once I try it out I'll put in my two cents about it. Though, I'm pretty positive that it's going to be delicious. Next.. Dry Roasted Edamame. I’ve seen this in stores but I've always just walked past it since I'm usually rushing around the grocery store trying to make sure I have enough money for my "essential" items. So I was excited to have received some in my package so I could finally try it out. This was an amazing, protein-packed snack on it’s own. Also made a wonderful salad topper. Individual servings of El Pinto Medium Salsa. Ay Carumba! I’m a big salsa lover, but for some odd reason I’m always forgetting to pick up some from the grocery. So thank you Emily, you saved the day with this. I've used it only one time so far but I definitely like it. For only being "medium" it gives a very spicy hot flavor. This chick likes spicy! NuGo Organic Double Dark Chocolate Bar. When the sweet tooth hit me over at a friend’s house this came to my rescue and kept me satisfied until dinnertime.
Lastly, fruit leather strips. A strawberry, grape, and raspberry flavored one. Which, again, I haven't gotten around to try since I've been so busy in the moving process.
Thank you Emily for the goodies!
I sent a package over to Kelsee. Click on her name to see what I sent her!
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself? Here’s the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.