Thursday, October 3, 2013

Noms of The Week #9 (July Edition)

Okay, bear with me people. I know it's been months since my last NOTW. So to get things back on track I've decided to go back in time and show you what I ate in July.

July was an amazing month actually, because I got to travel across the western side of the United States. So I'll be showing you some of my eats from the trip!

Here we go!

  1. What Looks Good That Could Go Into A Salad-Salad; FM Kale, FM Orange Bell Pepper, FM Radishes, FM Blueberries, Avocado, Pine Nut Hummus, Chicken-less Strips, Fat free Balsamic Vinaigrette.
  2. Chiptole* Burrito Bowl(Brown rice, Black beans, Pico De Gallo, Guacamole, Romaine.)
  3. Cooked FM Summer Squash, FM Orange Bell Pepper, FM Zucchini. I basically just cooked up vegetables that needed to be ate before leaving for the trip. I dipped em' in hummus.
  4. FM Kale with Quinoa, Almonds, TJ Dried Blueberries, TJ Dried Cranberries, Pine Nut Hummus, Oriental Vegan Hot Pocket.

  1. Chiptole* Burrito w/ Brown rice, Black beans, Fiesta Vegetables, Pico De Gallo, Guacamole, Romaine.
  2. Chiptole* Tortilla Chips w/ Guacamole.
  3. PB&J on High Fiber Whole Wheat Bread, Kale Fruit Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
  4. Luna Fiber Bars.

  1. Salad bar @ Chicago Pizza in Cloverdale, Indiana.
  2. Spinach Pasta(bowtie pasta, mushrooms, garlic oil sauce, tomato, onion) in St. Louis, Missouri.
  3. Salad bar(spring greens, edamame, black olives, green bell pepper, carrots, mushrooms, tomato, honey dijion.) @ Ruby Tuesday in Springfield, Missouri.
  4. Guacamole Dip(a pile of tortilla chips, guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo) also @ Ruby Tuesday. I barely made a dent in that pile of chips since I had ate 1/2 of that salad beforehand. I was craving avocado so bad though, so I honestly just used about 1/3 of the guacamole and just topped it on the rest of my salad and ate the rest of it. I only ate about 8-10 chips.
.
  1. Vegetable Hummus Wrap @ The Grand Canyon.
  2. Salad bar @ Souplantation in Los Angeles, California. I piled that salad with tons of vegetables, garbanzo beans, and balsamic vinaigrette.
  3. Mexican Takeout in Oklahoma City. Bean Burrito, Mexican Rice. I didn't touch the re-fried beans.. for fear of lard.
  4. Avocado Garden Burger, Fruit Cup @ Carrow's in Melred, California.

  1. Fruit & Maple Oatmeal with Black Coffee.
  2. 4 Sides: Sweet Potato w/ Brown Sugar, Green Beans, Rice Pilaf, Blackberries @ Cracker Barrel in Texas.
  3. Free breakfast @ Drury Inn in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Oatmeal w/ organic granola, brown sugar, raisins.
  4. Another free breakie @ a different Drury Inn in Arizona. Oatmeal w/ Brown Sugar and Sugar-free Maple Syrup.

  1. Our Holiday Inn in Melred, California served my favorite!
  2. Appetizer: Vegan Ceaser Salad w/ Romaine, Pear, Grapes, Walnuts, Croutons, Fish-free Ceaser Dressing in San Francisco, California @ Aato.
  3. Entrée: Pasta w/ Soy-cream, sprouts, tomato, mushroom, grapes.
  4. Dessert to go: Vegan Key lime Pie(made with avocado and lime juice!) and Chocolate Pie made w/ cacao and nuts.

  1. Side Vegetables(Summer Squash, Zuchinni, Mushroom, Tomato) in San Francisco @ Alito's Waterside Café.
  2. Oatmeal w/ Brown sugar, Raisins @ Adel's.
  3. Appetizer: Vegan Grape Leafs @ Habibi in Portland, Oregon.
  4. Entrée: Vegan Mezza. Best thing ever! Falafel, Garbanzo Bean Mixture, Rice, Hummus, Basil/Onion/Tomato Salad.

  1. Free breakfast @ Hotel in Portland, Oregon. Oatmeal w/ Brown Sugar, Granola, and Raisins. Coffee, Peach/Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice.
  2. Chiptole* Salad with Brown Sugar, Black Beans, Sofritas(which is tofu w/ chili spices), Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Romaine in Seattle, Washington.
  3. Lemonade stand in Seattle, Washington.
  4. Breakfast @ Calico's Cupboard in Anacortis, Washington. Steel-cut Oatmeal, Brown sugar, Raisins, and toasted Coconut. Fruit. Homemade toast with the most amazing strawberry jam ever!

  1. Salad bar @ Mulligan's in Idaho.
  2. Subway on the road. Honey Oat Bread, all the vegetables, avocado.
  3. Coffee from The Ginger bread House in
  4. On Road: Fruit & Maple Oatmeal.

  1. On road snacking: Justin's PB w/ Celery.
  2. Chiptole* Burrito(Brown rice, Black Beans, Sofritas, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Romaine.)
  3. Breakfast smoothie made by my mom's new girlfriend. Cashews, greens, apple, and ginger.
  4. Apples n' Greens Smoothie from Jamba Juice.

  1. Spinach and Kale Tortilla Chips. Holy wow. Nom!
  2. I found a Kind Bar that has no diary in it while on the road. Almond & Coconut!
  3. Tried out some of the Gin-Gins that Elizabeth got for me. I actually really enjoyed the spicy kick of the ginger a lot. I'm definitely a fan!
  4. My love of all candy. Salt Water Taffy! Coming from see Mount Rushmore we stopped in this little town that was a tourist hot spot. I saw the taffy store and immediately went in. I came out with a 3lb bag of the stuff! I had asked the ladies who make the taffy if the taffy was vegan-friendly and thankfully they said it was! I was a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment