For the month of September I was matched up with Pamela. She doesn’t blog, but she does have a twitter. It was fun shopping for her at my favorite natural food stores, since she's a vegetarian who takes care of her body as I do myself. So I sent her some of my favorite healthy snacks plus an indulgent cookie, because, well, you know. Who doesn't love a good cookie every so often, right?
In return, Pam sent me some local goodies from Pennsylvania! Very fall appropriate, which I like!
She got me all my local goods from Frecon Farms. First up we have some Cider Applesauce. Drinking cider(hot or cold) is a PA Dutch tradition and Pamela really enjoys this applesauce. I only ever crave applesauce every so often but I'm already almost half way done with the jar! If that tells you anything.Yum!
Apple Butter, Yellow Peach Butter, and Apricot Butter all in this cute eco-friendly bag that Pamela included for me. I love it! Fruit spread on toast is one of the best things ever in my book.
I’ve thanked Pamela, but she deserves another thank you! So Pam if your reading this thank you! I love the choices you made and I’m happy to have been paired up with you this month!
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself? Here’s the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.