Friday, June 28, 2013

Foodie Penpals: On Tap For Today! Plus, a Special Surprise!



I know it seems that I’m posting this a few days before the end of the month, which I am. Why? Because Lindsay(The Lean Green Bean) doesn’t like to post reveal days on weekends. So she wanted all of the FPP gang to post their reveal days today. So here I am with another Foodie Pen Pal Reveal!
I received my package this month from Elizabeth @ On Tap For Today from Boston!
 
It got here a little late, so I haven’t been able to try anything yet but I definitely will keep the blog posted and updated when I go along and get everything nommed down. When I finally got the package though, you could only imagine my excitement and when I saw that adorable Frenchie on the cover of my package I couldn’t help but smile.
 
 
She also made me smile with the adorable card and pencils. One cant have too many of those laying around, now can they? The lighter pink one reads “Wear Sequins At Breakfast." The darker ones reads “Be Silly." I like the messages a lot. Sometimes I do need to let loose and just go with more of the flow and just get silly! I’ve been so stressed lately with figuring schooling out and everything that I just sometimes want to rip my hair out. Don’t even get me started about my day today. Let’ just say.. nut jobs shouldn’t be able to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. (Elizabeth, I want your handwriting-gorgeous!)
 

Elizabeth may just be a mind reader because she sent me things that I’ve been dying to try! I even told her that the package just screams my name because it’s just absolutely perfect! This is the stuff I like to see in my packages.

I’ve tried the Lightly Salted Edamame before(I got that in a previous package) and I loved em’ so these I’m feeling pretty confident about loving these just like the others. I’m familiar with the Peeled Snack brand but I haven’t tried their dried fruit yet, so I’m excited to try it out! I love my tea, so the Green Tea Kombucha Decaf sounds fantastic!

The Good Bean brand is another brand I’m familiar with and I have always envied those who received some in their foodie packages. Well, finally I get my share thanks to Elizabeth. The flavor is right up my alley- sweet cinnamon with a hint of vanilla! Gin-Gins, yet again, I have heard of, but have never got myself to get at the store on my own. So now that I have no excuses I’ll definitely be trying em’ out.

Elizabeth even thought of Lilly - how sweet!  This was seriously a marvelous foodie pen pals package.  Thank you so much, Elizabeth! Lilly says thank you too! These are Banana chips that Elizabeth gives her Frenchie and he loves em’. Lillian, my fur-daugher, likes to just lick and sniff em’. So she’s a little unsure about em’ but if push comes to shove I’ll just eat em’ for myself. Lilly told me to tell you, Elizabeth, that she does appreciate the thought though!

I sent a package over to Jeniffer @ Jen’s Journey with a Mexican “flare" to it. Check out her blog to see what I sent her.

Now you all may be wondering what “the special surprise" is.

Remember my awesome foodie penpal from last month, Reneé ? Well, to my surpirse(and must I say delight!) she sent me another package this month. Last month she had asked me what I was craving from Trader Joe’s and I had brought up the roasted coconut chips from Trader Joe’s. Unfortunately for me, at the time, they were out of them. So I had to do without. Fortunately though, Reneé had left the chips on her grocery list that she had given to her daughter and her daughter bought her a few packages of the coconut chips. The lovely Reneé thought about me, and sent me three packages of the deliciousness my way!

I told you guys, she was awesome didn’t I? I was so surprised, giddy, and appreciative about the kind gesture. I even sent her out a thank you card.

Reneé, if your reading this just know that your one wonderful person and I hope you got your card. Thank you so so much! You seriously made my day!

Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself? Here’s the details:

  • On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
  • You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
  • The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
  • You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
  • Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
  • Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!


No comments:

Post a Comment