Monday, May 27, 2013

Noms of the Week #8 and Memorial Weekend

Lots of random snacking this week. Plus a couple dinners with the boyfriend and friends that were not pictured. So I’m mashing all of what I’ve eaten together, not stating categories such as “meals”, or “snackage.”

I also have very good news to share with you all! I got my driving license Wednesday! So naturally, I’ve been driving around like it’s the bee’s knees. There’s nothing more amazing than to blast your music on high, and just drive with the windows down and not having an elder(who doesn’t like your type of music) criticize or complain about what you're playing. I finally feel like an accomplished adult. Graduated, got my license, now I just need to go job hunting and I’ll be set until college starts.

I know I haven’t really talked much about what I decided to do with my life, college wise, other than just saying I was lost about what I want to do. Well, I’ve finally decided! I’ve given up my cosmetology idea for nutrition. Since I figure I believe in healthy living and love to study and learn about the subject on a regular basis. So I’m going to go road tripping with my grandparents to the west coast(California) in September with Ryan. I’m so pumped up! I start college in October!

Also, this weekend was Memorial day. So I spent some time with the family. My uncle Adam, his wife, and adopted daughter Riley came over to visit. Then Emma came up to visit with Riley and I as well.  I went antiquing with my grandmother, Adam's wife, and Ryan on Saturday while the girls were at the pool. Well, really, we only got to go into one shop since beforehand Ryan and I stopped at Pizza King since Ryan was hungry from a busy day at work.

2013-05-25 15.24.39.jpg
My lovely boyfriend in his uniform and all.

Also.. I've found I have an obsession with flannels lately.


Love em'. 

Now to get back on subject. Here are 9/10 of the things I've eaten this week.

  1. Subway* 6 inch on honey oat bread with all the vegetables except lettuce(including avocado!) with sweet onion sauce. (Other half eaten in the next day for lunch)
  2. 2 slices of Rosemary Sea salt Bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 TBSP TJ* Dukkah. Side of 1 cup Organic Broccoli Sprouts.
  3. Organic Gala Apple, Whole Wheat Uncrustable, 8 fl. oz Silk* Fruit & Protein Strawberry Banana Juice. (I saw the more healthy uncrustables at Walmart while I was with Ryan. They used to be a childhood favorite of mine, so I figured why not? I did find a bad ingredient in them after devouring the box but I’m not going to kick myself about it. High fructose corn syrup. Why must you be in practically everything!?)
  4. 1 1/2 cups of Organic Romaine Salad with 3/4 Organic Avocado, Orient Express Vegan Pocket.

  1. The rest of the Dry Roasted Almonds.
  2. TJ* Vanilla & Cinnamon Black tea with Stevia. (Who says I can't enjoy a winter seasonal tea in May?)
  3. Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna Bar on the road.
  4. Pineapple!

  1. Strawberry/Blueberry Smoothie with almond milk.
  2. Tofu Scramble; 3 1/4 oz Organic Firm Tofu with 1/4 cup Onion, 1/3 cup Organic(from the garden) Asparagus, 1/2 cup Organic Broccoli. It was a little dry for my liking(I had no hummus or avocado on hand!) So I added 1 TSP Vegan Parmesan Flavoring, and some El Pinto* Medium Salsa along with it on 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9* Sprouted Flax Bread.
  3. Wheat berry Salad(wheat berries, red pepper, raisins, fresh parsley, honey ginger vinaigrette)
  4. Rice-stuffed Grape Leafs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment