Actually due to personal decisions on staying in Indiana with my sick grandfather(we just found out Thursday that he has cancer) and indecisiveness on my part about what I actually want to do with my life-carrier wise. I'm going to just lay low and try and figure out everything before going back to California. So I'll probably be a participate for this swap for a few more months before having to quit due to college.
Anyway, back to what this post is all about. Food.
Dena sent me some amazing goodies, as well as some Trader Joe’s love!
Sweetened Coconut, Cookie Butter, Organic Banana Chips, and Steel Cut Oats. All from Trader Joe’s! I actually requested to Dena that she should get me some cookie butter, and she willingly did so. She made me a very happy lady. Back off Nutella. Cookie Butter is the official new crack of the spreads AND it’s vegan friendly. If you’ve seen my NOTW you’d know I’ve used the coconut in my oatmeal recently. As for the Banana Chips and Steel cut Oats I haven’t gotten around to trying just yet. I’m trying to eat up my Quaker Oats before I open up a new container(don’t worry Dena I haven’t forgotten about telling you if they are any good) and I’m waiting to get all the ingredients I need to make a new trek mix with the banana chips.
Before I go on..I gotta tell you.
Dena listened so well to my likes. Almost everything I told her I liked she got me which I appreciate so much. Anyone would be lucky to have her as their penpal. The granola rocked my taste buds. It had the perfect amount of sweetness.The trail mix clusters I ate as a snack the day after I got my package since I was on the move all that day. So it was good to have on hand when my hunger hit.
Dena, thank you so much for this awesome box of goodies!
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal yourself? Here’s the details:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.