Monday, April 22, 2013

Noms of the Week #4

I know, I know. I promised Key West eats that I enjoyed while down there on vocation. Unfortunately my camera died and I had mistakenly forgot to pack my charger. So I had to post-pone NOTW since I didn’t have enough pictures to make a nice food collage for you guys. So I’ll just mix and match what I enjoyed there plus some food I enjoyed at home.


  1. Conch Republic Restaurant* Island Salad(Mixed Greens with Avocado Slices, Mango, Oranges, Tomato, Cucumber, Plantain Chips with Citrus Dressing.
  2. Chinese takeout with Ryan. (Vegetable Lo Mein, Marinated Lettuce, Cucumber, Pepper; Rice Noodles) Wasn't impressed with the options that I had to choice from. I can feel myself slowly not liking Chinese food as much.
  3. Dinner @ a friend’s: Italian Spiced Chick’n Strips, 2/3 Avocado, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade A to Z Pasta Salad that I had made.
  4. Tofu Scramble; 3 1/4 oz Extra Firm Organic Tofu with 1/8 cup Onion, 3 Cherry Tomatoes, 3 Organic Mushrooms; Ezekiel 4:9* Sprouted English Muffin with Avocado; 1 cup Seedless Grapes.

  1. Quaker* Old Fashioned Oats with TJ* Shredded Sweetened Coconut, Ola* Vanilla Almond Granola, TJ* Cookie Butter.
  2. Organic 50/50 Blend Salad with 3 Gardein* Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, Daiya* Jalapeno Garlic Havarti Style Wedge, Organic Mushrooms,  Red Bell Pepper,  Dried Cranberries, 2 TBSP Silvered Almonds with Pomegranate, Cindy’s Kitchen* Balsamic; Side of Mashed Potatoes for Ryan.
  3. Lunch @ Chiptole with my grandparents. The usual vegan burrito with a side of tortilla chips and guacamole.
Snackage:

  1. In Key West they rave about the coconut. I noticed while walking around that they had numerous amounts of coconut water stands to help keep you hydrated while walking around in the humid, Key West heat. I didn't get to actually grab an actual coconut and drink the water from its head but I did want to try coconut water so I just bought the next best thing. Bottled Coconut Water. Believe it or not. This was the first time trying coconut water. I really don’t know what I thought about it. It’s.. very different tasting. Drinkable but I don’t see myself willingly to drink the stuff on a daily basis.
  2. Key West has an amazing, cute, little, all natural organic store called Help Yourself. I grabbed up a few items(some I didn’t have time to munch on so I just packed them up and flew them back to Indiana) like this raw granola that I ate as snack. Let me just tell you.. raw granola is 10x better than non-raw granola.
  3. Orange Cranberry Flavor & Fiber Bar.
  4. My Pineapple Orange Collagen Drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment