Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Vegan Blueberry Muffins!

First off, I want to apologize for not posting very much. I've been incredibly busy the last couple weeks and to be quite honest I'm still learning about the blogging world and what I could really blog about. I hope to eventually get to posting more often.

After Bowen I came home and saw that my grandmother had baked up some blueberry muffins. I came up with this recipe since I know the average muffin contains dairy milk, and eggs so I figured I'd might as well make a vegan version to reawaken my baking skills since I haven't baked in quite sometime. Unfortunately, due to me not baking for awhile I had no unsweetened applesauce to substitute for the oil that I dislike using in recipes altogether. So this time I just had to deal with it and add the oil. If you want to make these muffins.. go right ahead and use unsweetened applesauce for the oil if you don't like to use oil in baking.

Ingredients.
  • 1c unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • 1/3c oil. (use unsweetened applesauce for a lower in calorie option.)
  • 1/3c cane sugar.
  • 1 1/2tsp egg replacer + 2 tbsp warm water.
  • 2c flour.
  • 2 tbsp "flaxseed with blueberries". [optional]
  • 1/2tsp salt.
  • 1c frozen blueberries.
 
Preparation.
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Combine almond milk, oil(or applesauce), egg replacer.
  3. In a separate bowl shift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Once shifted add in the flax seed, mix well.
  4. Combine both your "wet" and "dry" ingredients together. Then add in the blueberries, mix well.
  5. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray and distribute the batter evenly into the tins. (This recipe should make you 12 muffins.)
  6. Cook the muffins for 22 minutes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment