Thursday, October 4, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Smoothie!

* I got this idea from a blog I follow called Kiss My Broccoli. I couldn't follow her recipe exactly because it called for some non-vegan items so I just swapped out those with vegan appropriate ones. This smoothie came out amazing! It tastes like your literally drinking a red velvet piece of cake. Though it does have a "beety" aftertaste. That's just to be expected though since beets are in it but trust me..it doesn't ruin the smoothie at all. I can barely taste the aftertaste. This smoothie is also perfect for  satisfying to your sweet tooth.


Ingredients I used.
  • 1/4 cup grated beets. 
  • 1/3 cup old fashioned oats. [rolled oats would work as well.]
  • 1/8 cup raw cacao powder. [you could use unsweetened cocoa]
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk/water. 
  • Package of Plant Fusion Chocolate Plant Protein Powder.
  • 1/2 TSP ground cinnamon.
  • 1/8 TSP vanilla extract. [you could use "cake batter" or "butter" extract]
  • 5-6 ice cubes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment