Friday, September 28, 2012

Vegan Foodie Penpals: Whole Soul Vegan

This month I signed up for a Vegan Food Swap that’s hosted by Cat from The Verdant Life. Last month, I was randomly going through everyone’s reveal day posts about what they received over at The Lean Green Bean and I stumbled across someone who participated in two swaps! Being vegan, I thought that it was appropriate to take part in this swap as well as Lindsey’s swap! Don’t worry my loyalty is still with her. Your get to see my reveal post for that in a couple days.
My “Lucky Recipient” that I sent a package to was Lindsey Reedy at Two Former Fat Chicks from Ohio. I skimmed through her blog and my mouth almost dropped. The blog is focused on two women-mother and daughter fighting for a second chance at life. Overeating and no exercise was their daily routine until March of 2009 when both of them become fed up. Very motivating! I can tell from the pictures that Lindsey and her mother have made a lot of progress! If your interested in what I sent her just go look on her blog!

I received my box from Amie Carle at Whole Soul Vegan from Florida.





Tea galore! I’ve been forgetting countless times now to get myself some black tea from the grocery store. Well, now I won’t have to worry about it for a couple more weeks! She really did take in account what I like. Tea, nut butters[my two favorite brands ironically enough], and dark chocolate. Nom nom nom. Though the Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter isn’t technically vegan. I do know that some vegans do eat honey[myself included for right now] so I’m not going to really worry about it. I’m just one of those vegans until this and my raw honey are gone. Baby steps.

Moving on.. she also included pistachios, a Cashew Cookie Lara Bar that I’ve never tried before, and Agar Agar Powder. I’m so intrigued by this.. agar agar is an alternative to gelatin? I’m still unsure of what to really do with it. I’m open to suggestions.

If you’d like to participate in this swap click here. 

I'd highly suggest that if your interested you join next month because next month is the last time this year you can participate in this particular swap until next year! So press that link!

No comments:

Post a Comment