Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cherry Oat Peanut Vegan Cookies!

Ingredients.
  • 3/4 cup Organic Spelt Flour.
  • 1/3 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats.
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar.
  • 3 TBSP All Natural Peanut Butter. [You could use Peanut Butter & Co* Dark Chocolate Dreams if you have it. Unfortantly I had to stick with regular peanut butter because that's all I currently have on hand.]
  • 1/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. [Unsweetened Coconut Milk would work as well.]
  • 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce.
  • 1 TSP Baking Soda.
  • 1 TSP Vanilla Extract.
  • 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon.
  • 1 TSP Salt. [Optional.* I personally don't ever add salt to anything I bake or cook.]
  • 1/4 cup Dried Cherries. [I used up the rest of the dried cherries my August Foodie gave me. You could also used dried cranberries.]
Instructions.
1). In separate bowls. Mix together all the dry ingredients, then mix all the wet ingredients together. Combine both the dry/wet ingredients once everything is well mixed.



2). Use a medium sized cookie scooper[I don't know the official name, sorry.] and drop the cookies one by one on a greased cookie sheet. I personally just sprayed the sheets with PAM. 

3). Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
 


The cookies come out very soft and delicious! Thanks to the applesauce, they will stay soft until you devour them all! I personally prefer my cookies' texture to be soft. Which is why when I bake I always use applesauce instead of vegan butter or oil.  Also because it lessens the calories in them as well. So I get to indulge more! I'd recommend you drizzle some regular peanut butter or Peanut Butter & Co* White Chocolate Wonderful on top! It just adds that extra something to them.

Speaking of calories, wanna know the nutritional value of these?!

Serving size: 17 small cookies. [This could vary for you depending on how big you make your cookies.]
Amount Per Severing: 94 [w/o added peanut butter drizzle]
Fat:  1.9g
Sat. Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0g
Sodium: 90.3mg
Carb: 17.3g
Fiber: 1.7g
Sugar: 7.9g
Protein: 2.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment