Sunday, June 16, 2013

Noms of the Week #8 and Kitten Love

Meals and snackage from the past three weeks. I know, I know. Talk about late. I’ve been busy then I starting not feeling well for a few days. I'm talking about constant nausea and exhaustion. My bed was pretty much the couch for a good number of days. So these meals aren’t my best but their something.

Speaking of me not feeling well- when I was sick to my stomach and nauseous and laying on the couch. I had a few wonderful companions with me. Slyvester and a couple kittens kept me company when I wasn’t feeling my best. Warmed my heart a bit.


My favorite(sssh) little Nigra slept with me the whole time. Never left my side.

She's such a little sweetheart.

Then Avi joined in on the sleep session. If I could keep any of the kittens it would be these two.

(Yes, we have kittens. Eight of them. They are growing up so fast. 3-4 months old already. Soon I'm going to have to find them homes. Actually, I need to find them homes NOW. I'm in the process of doing so though. So I'm hoping I can re-home them all in the next couple weeks.)

*If you know anyone in Central Indiana who would love a little furry companion, please let me know! We have three pure black ones(2 boys, 1 girl) and the other 5 are black and white. They are all so adorable and loving. They all deserve wonderful homes.

Now that my "please take one of our kittens" talk is over. It's time to talk about what this post is really all about. My food from the past three weeks.




  1. Organic Romaine Salad with Organic Quinoa, Cooked Organic Mushrooms, Organic Red Bell Pepper and Organic Summer Squash. Fat free Balsamic Vinaigrette, Edamame Hummus with Roasted Red Pepper.
  2. Quick and easy dinner. Ryan’s choice. Rigatoni Pasta with Tomato Sauce and Edamame Hummus. Yes, I like hummus mixed in with my sauce on my pasta.
  3. Lazy day. Amy’s* Light and Lean Sweet and Sour Asian Noodles with bowlful of plain Organic Romaine Salad. No dressing or anything added.
  4. Spaghetti Night! Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce and Vegan Parmesan. Garlic bread made with Earth Balance Soy free Margarine and Garlic Powder. Salad with leftover Quinoa Mixture and Edamame Hummus.
  5. Boca* Vegan Patty with 1/2 Avocado, Green beans,Roasted Red Potatoes.
  6. Date with Ryan @ Chiptole. I got a Vegan Burrito Bowl with Brown Rice, Black beans, Fiesta Vegetables, Pico De Gallo, Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa, Guacamole, and Romaine. I decided to try something new. The bowl was yummy, but next time I’m going to do without the corn salsa. I’m just not a corn fan, but I figured I’d test my test buds just to be sure. Still a corn hater.

1 & 2:  Dream Water. I got couple of these waters in my last month’s Conscious Box and just now tried them out this week. Hard to say if they work or not, considering the first time I drank one I was already exhausted. As for the second time, I did feel more relaxed but it was still a little difficult to fall asleep.
3. Whole Wheat Uncrustable, Seedless Grapes. I got Ryan’s mom hooked on those PB&J sandwiches. So she bought us three boxes of them! Not the healthiest thing in the world, but they don’t hurt if I have them every so often.
4.  Homemade Pasta Salad(with loads of vegetables) with a Fruit Cup over at my grandparent’s. My grandmother actually brought me back a couple fruit cups back from this Church Picnic she went to before I made the pasta salad for her and my grandad. (yes, it’s vegan)
5. Quaker* High Fiber Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal, Small Organic Gala Apple with TJ* Raw Almonds.
6. Big Fruit Bowl! Watermelon, Melon, Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Grapes.



1. Fresh Market* Cranberry Broccoli Slaw, Whole Wheat Uncrustable.
2. Still loving Silk* Fruit and Protein Strawberry Banana Juice. A must for when I was sick.
3. Izze Grapefruit Sparkling Juice/Water. I’ve been wanting to try Izze drinks for awhile. When Ryan was ordering something to eat, I noticed that the place we were at sold them so I asked for one to try out since at that time I wasn’t hungry. I loved it. I mean, I really loved it. It has almost 3 servings of fruit in just one bottle and it’s only 160 calories. I’m sold. Need more. (Not my picture. I take no credit in it, I simply got it from the internet because my camera wasn’t with me and my phone was died)
4. Strawberry Banana Smoothie for on the road nausea. Does wonders, I’m telling you. (I have a friend that words at BK and I told her to not add milk, just a little water, into my smoothie. She laughed and told me she actually had brought some almond milk from home for her lunch and offered to put some of that into it in exchange for the dairy milk. I happily agreed! I love her.)


Ryan and I also munched through this entire bag of Light Salted Snap pea Crips one night while watching television.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment