This month though I’m going to start posting my meals that I’ve ate that week, every Sunday. I think it may actually help me with my struggling and encourage me to keep fighting through my eating issues. So I’m doing this for me, but also for you.
Before I get into what I ate this week I just want you to take in a couple things.
1). I’m not a certified dietitian, doctor, trainer, nutritionist, etc. I’m an 18 year old who so happens to be vegan and is interested in living life as healthy as I can. I don’t want to influence people to “skip breakfast” or just eat what I eat. Everyone has different dietary needs. Do your research or talk to your doctor about what yours are if you do not know. I don’t eat in the morning because my body doesn’t crave food when I first wake up. It’s not as a means of “starving” myself. I just give my body what it wants when it wants it.
2). I won’t accept criticism. This isn’t something I’m doing to give people an excuse to judge or bully me. My diet isn’t perfect by any means but I do try to do the golden rule of eating which is “eating when hungry, stopping when full.” I get those carby, sweet tooth cravings just like everyone else. I’m an imperfect human, but that’s how I feel it should be. Moderation is key in living a healthy lifestyle.
3). Like I stated previously I’m doing this for me, as I feel it will help me stay focused on recovery, and also for you. I hope to give you a better understanding of what vegans eat, if you are completely clueless on the lifestyle, plus maybe influence you to branch out and try new things.
4). I’m on a vegan diet but I wouldn’t call it your “typical diet.” It’s more as a lifestyle change that I’ve transitioned into because I truly believe that the vegan diet is the healthiest “diet” out there. Though, that’s my personal opinion. If you don’t agree, that is completely fine. We can agree to disagree. Be respectful of my diet and I’ll gladly return the favor. This is a preach free zone!
With all that being said.. let's get on with my first ever NOTW!
Coffee is something I drink on a regular basis. I personally just drink it black with stevia. I don't typically "eat" a breakfast because my body is never hungry when I first get up in the mornings. I find just having my coffee gets me through until lunchtime. (Say.. 11-12pm)
- Quaker* Old Fashioned Oats with Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter and a Chocolate Dipped Luna Bar. (If you've never added a Luna bar to your oatmeal before, your missing out.)
- Organic Flax Bread with Avocado. (I enjoyed this multiple times these two weeks. Quick, easy, healthy.)
- Tofu Scramble(Organic Firm Tofu, Organic Red Bell Pepper, Organic Broccoli, Onion, Mushrooms, Avocado.) Organic Flax Bread on side.
- Organic Spinach Salad with Organic Snap peas, Organic Broccoli, Organic Red Bell Pepper, Gardein* Seven Grain Meatless Tenders, Fat free Balsamic, Sprinkle of Vegan Parmesan Flavoring.
- Organic Spinach Salad with Organic Snap peas, Organic Broccoli, Organic Red Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, Avocado, Reduced Sugar Dried Cranberries, Sweet Roasted Slivered Almonds with Pomegranate, Fat free Balsamic.
- Smart & Delicious* Large Whole Wheat Tortilla with Organic Falafel, Organic Spinach, Organic Red Bell Pepper, Avocado, Oasis* Jalapeno Hommus.
- Smart & Delicious* Large Whole Wheat Tortilla with Organic Spinach, Grape Tomatoes, Avocado, and Oasis* Jalapeno Hommus.
- Organic Spinach Salad with Organic Red Bell Pepper, Organic Snap Peas, Mushrooms, Reduced Sugar Dried Cranberries, Fat free Balsamic. Organic Asparagus on the side.
- Organic Spinach Salad with Organic Red Bell Pepper, Olives, Avocado, Fat free Balsamic. Quinoa Polenta with Organic Garlic Mushroom Marinara Sauce, Sprinkle of Vegan Parmesan Flavoring.
- Chipotle* Vegan Burrito. (Brown rice, black beans, roasted peppers, pico de gallo, guacamole, lettuce.) I had a lunch date with a special new somebody. I ate 1/2 the burrito with him, then the other half for dinner. Have you have had Chipotle burritos? They are huge!
- Quaker* Old Fashioned Oats with Vanilla Almond Granola, Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut, Cookie Butter. (Thanks Dena!)
- Irish(ish) Dinner of Boiled Cabbage, Small Red Potatoes, Tofurky* Meatless Italian Sausage. (Since I have Irish in my blood, my grandmother made a special Sunday dinner.)
- Kroger* 100% White Corn Tortilla Chips with Sabra* Supremely Spicy Hummus.
- Chai Spice Latte(Chai Spice tea bag, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, stevia, TJ* Sugar, Chocolate, Coffee Bean Grinder.) This cold weather has really reopened my love for hot tea.
- Blueberry Pomegrante Trail Mix Crunch. (Thanks again, Dena!)
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna Bar.
My grandmother made vegan friendly apple pie. So I enjoyed a couple slices this week with some So Delicious* No Sugar Added Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
So there you have it. My first NOTW!
Also be aware that this food is from the past two weeks. I have been extremely busy, so I've been eating at other people's houses, restaurants, etc. So in all honestly I've been eating more than what is pictured this time around.