Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vegan Foodie Pen Pals: Vegan Princess in an Omni Kingdom

 The Vegan Food Swap that’s hosted by Cat @ The Verdant Life is back on, this month, as well!

I actually sent a package over to Lindsey Reedy, whom, I've previously sent to back in September. So I got to reconnect with her, which was cool. I sent her a package filled with some of my favorite vegan sweets, including.. raw chocoagave syrup. Oooh yeah.

This month I was fortunate enough to have Molly Caple, Vegan Princess in a Omni Kingdom, send me some awesome vegan treats from Seattle, WA! I’ve never been to the Pacific Northwest so I could not wait to dig into the great package that Molly hand-picked just for me. I was even more excited when I read her note saying that she got most of the goodies from Vegan Haven, which is an all-vegan grocery store in Seattle. An added bonus is that all proceeds from the store go to Pig’s Peace Sanctuary, to help the pigs that live there. Which I love.

Molly included some info about the Sanctuary, along with a button with their mascot on it. I collect buttons! So this now has a new home on my tote bag where my collection subsides. Isn’t it adorable?!

I lucked out big time! Molly included Butler Soy Curls-which I’ve been dying to try out but my natural grocery stores unfortunately don’t carry them. Along with a few recipes that use the Butler Soy Curls in them. I like Molly’s friend’s suggestion in using them to make “chicken tacos”, but the “Sweet & Sour” recipe is calling my name. If your not familiar with Soy Curls, they are a product that’s made from whole soybean, and are 100% natural..with no additives or preservatives. Just the whole bean goodness.

I have plans for The Vita Crisp chips. They are Nacho Chez flavor, are made with organic ingredients, are sprouted(love), and gluten-free. I'm thinking these chips will be fantastic with some avocado, roasted vegetables, black beans, and salsa.

Caramel Sauce from a small bakery in Seattle called Hot Cakes Molten Chocolate Cakery. So yes, I now have homemade and bakery made vegan caramel sauce. I’m pretty much set for life! Question is.. what I’m going to do with it all? I love the fact that it’s local, though, since I’m a huge fan on receiving local items! So regardless of having received homemade caramel sauce in the other swap. I’m still pretty stoked about this sauce!

Lastly, we have a Go Max Go* Thumbs up vegan candy bar. In her note, Molly said that the Go Max Go candy bars are a favorite. Thumbs Up candy bars are just simply.. vegan Butterfinger. I used to tear up butterfingers when I wasn’t vegan. Easily an old favorite. Thanks to Molly, I got to indulge in a vegan version that old favorite! I'm definitely looking into getting more of these candy bars. I think Vegan Essentials has them. (;

Thank you so much Molly! I loved the candy bar! It was a real delicacy. I can't wait to dig in to the rest of the items! 

Does swapping vegan food goodies interest you? You should consider joining in on the swapping fun by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment