Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Noms of the Month: January/Febuary Edition.

Bye bye, 2013. Hello to you, 2014!


New Year's Revolutions. Well, I haven't quite made a list of resolutions yet, but I do have some things I'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.

So yeah, we're just call em' resolutions.

  1. Starting with the most important. Getting A-B range grades in all four of my college classes that I'm taking this semester.  
  2. Saving up as much money as possible, so I can buy a car and move out of Wabash to Fort Wayne, which would be closer to my chosen college: FPFW, and I would also be closer to: health food shops, restaurants(that are better than Wabash's fast food/sucky restaurants), and let's me honest.. there's more to see and do in a bigger city v.s. a smaller town like Wabash. Once Ryan gets his job this summer, saving up money will be much easier than it is now.. considering I'm the only one that is working.
  3. Making this a pretty, upbeat, informational, interesting, and motivating blog. I've had and have continued to have problems with finding the time to sit down and actually blog(on this blog!) about things, the readers, would be interested in reading. As pain-hearting it may be.. I accept the fact that I do not have many readers. Which is totally understandable considering I barely post anything other than my usual two-three things. I want to write about my week, like a lot of bloggers do, but some weeks I don't have a lot to say. "The Week According to Instagram", is a wonderful idea, but I don't take pictures all that much unless it's food, or something funny that the cats are doing. I do like this idea and may just incorporate it into my blog, soon, hopefully. By next year, I'm hoping to have came up with some ideas, so I can get this blog goin'!
I'm combining January and February together, so let's get to it.
January:


I was sick most of the month of January. I'm talking flu-status. I had no appetite, no energy, no motivation to get out of bed. So for about a week, that's what I did. I just laid there, on death's door, while Ryan tried his hardest to help me fight it off. I also had a non-stop pounding headache, could barely talk, experienced cold chills/heat sweats. It was awful. The snow storms did not help, and since I was staying at my grandparent's house- I got sick from being too cold, because they don't believe in heaters. Yes, you can get sick from getting too cold. I did.
  1. I managed to get myself to drink a few Vitamin C with Probiotic water enhancers to get my immune system workin'.
  2. I guzzled down Orange Juice. Drinking one carton, every two days, for that week. So I drank about 3 galloons in a week's span.
  3. Chicken-less Noodle Soup was my best friend.
  4. Repeat of the obsessive orange juice drinking.


  1. Repeat of my soup.
  2. Eventually I did get my appetite back. Spinach Salad with Yellow Bell Pepper, Olives, Beets, and Guacamole; Low Sodium Sprouted Bread with Spicy Chik'n Patty and Guac.
  3. At home and work snack: Veggie Straws.
  4. Vegan Chili with Kidney/Garbanzo Beans, Squash, Peppers, and Mushrooms! I found this recipe in the newspaper and it's a keeper! Recipe coming soon.

  1. Vegan Lasyuna with cooked Red Baby Potatoes/Green Beans and Breadstick.
  2. Cranberry Stuffing, Green bean Casserole, and Mashed Potatoes & Gravy. Went a bit overboard on the gravy..
  3. Amy's* Light & Lean: Sweet & Sour Rice Noodles.
  4. Vegan Cinnamon Rolls!

  1. Steel-cut Oats with TJ* Legendary Trek Mix, Granola, and Crunchy Cookie Butter.
  2. When there was nothing left to eat- I simply just ate a bowl of peas.
  3. Pure fruit juice suckers from Ilona.
  4. V8* Blueberry Pomegranate Energy Juice.

  1. Mashed Potatoes with Fettuccine Noodles and Peas.. all mixed together.
  2. Baked Potato with Peas and Spicy Boca* Chik'n Patty. Obviously, I was in the mixed of eating and taking a picture at the same time. Op.
  3. Mexican Rice with Black Beans, Spring Greens, Guacamole, and Tortilla.
  4. Macaroni Noodles with Diced Tomatoes.

Lastly, Mashed Potatoes and Cabbage. Odd mixture but when your options are limited you do what you have too.

February:

  1. More Vegan Chili, that I ate last month.
  2. It's tradition for my family to watch the Superbowl and make either homemade pizza or get a sub. I wasn't feeling pizza, at the moment, so I got my favorite Subway Sandwich: Honey Oat with all Vegetables, including avocado.
  3. The start of my bar obsession this month.. your soon see what I mean.
  4. Iced Raspberry Tea that I drank while eating #2

  1. Baked Ravioli with Daiya Mozzarella Shreds, Mushrooms, and Spinach; Cooked Cabbage on the side.
  2. Leftover Cabbage.
  3. Repeat of both 1 and 2.
  4. Brought home some Chiptole: Vegan Burrito: Brown Rice, Black Beans, Fiesta Vegetables, Pico De Gallo, Guacamole, and Lettuce.

  1. My uncle made some hummus, that I devoured sampled. So good!
  2. Newest bar love: True Bar. I found it while looking around the new health food shop that Wabash finally has called Cathy's Natural Market. The place is small, and there really isn't many items yet. I'm sure in time they will get bigger and better and I'll find myself shopping there more often; in due time.
  3. Iced Oatmeal Raisin Luna Bar.
  4. Chocolate Chunk Luna Bar- that I finally got to try out!

  1. Peanut Honey Pretzel Luna Bar at work. My favorite flavor!
  2. New flavor: Carrot Cake. Ahmazing!
  3. Break time at work: Orange Juice and another Carrot Cake Luna Bar,
  4. Cran-Raspberry La Croix Sparkling Water. I rarely get La Croix, due to being on a budget, but I couldn't help myself considering this is a long-lost flavor I've been trying to find!

Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar.
I warned you. 
Luna Bar obsessed this month!


Speaking of obsessions. I also drank my fair share of Peace Tea. Pink Lemonade+Tea, Peach, Cranberry, and a new flavor, that I had never tired before, Sno-Berry!

  1. Yet another Vegan Burrito from Chipotle that I brought home.
  2. And... another. This time Vegan Burrito Bowl with Chiptole's amazing tortilla chips.
  3. Brown Rice Vegetable Sushi.
  4. Potato Dumpling Soup.

  1. Fiber One Honey Cluster Cereal with New Silk* Protein+Fiber Almond Milk.
  2. Macaroni Noodles with Tomato Juice. Simple.
  3. Muffins with Brown Sugar.
  4. Rice-stuffed Grape Leafs.

Remember this? Oh yeah. I ate that whole bag in 2-3 days. Thanks again to Charli, for introducing me to this bag of pure intoxicating yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment